Exercising does wonders for our body there is no doubt about it. Though if your focus is only on your aesthetics, you miss out on a whole lot more that exercise can do for you!
By being active, or moving for at least 30 minutes a day, you can feel and achieve:
- Builds our self esteem - when we exercise, we feel good about ourselves as we set out to complete mini tasks or goals. Each rep you work hard towards should be considered an achievement as you are not only keeping your body active, but your mind too. You may also feel better about your appearance and yourself when you exercise regularly, which can boost your confidence and improve your self-esteem.
- Physical activity stimulates chemicals in our brain that may leave you feeling happier and more relaxed.
- Lowered cortisol - cortisol is our stress hormone that our body produces and this can lead to excessive weight gain, fluid retention, impact on our gut health, anxiety, depression and can hinder results in the gym.
- A mental break - exercise essentially should be "YOU time." It's your time to focus on YOU, and have a break from what we consider to be our normal life. Take at least 30-45mins a day for this.
- Improve circulation - do you have a little stretch when you first wake up in the morning? When you exercise, you get your blood pumping through your body, your muscles warm and activated and improve your circulation. This in turn allows for our body to wake up, and get us started for our day.
- Improved sleep - exercise has been proven to improve our sleep and allow for our bodies to rest as it needs recovery.
- Social aspects - group fitness, and or even just the local gym allows for you to get out, train with a friend and meet new people
- Improves our overall health and well-being, preventing diseases and sickness due to being overweight. If you are unsure with what to do in the gym or what exercises to do - email me at email@example.com for a fully customised training plan to suit your lifestyle!