Did you know that 1 cup of lemon juices provides roughly 187% of our daily recommended servicing of Vitamin C?
Here are some benefits that you can find from having a little bit of lemon in your life!
- The Vitamin C value: The right amount of Vitamin C daily helps to protect our immune system (especially in the colder months) and acts as an antioxidant to protect our white blood cells!
- Helps detoxify and aids digestion: lemon juice helps to ease indigestion and an upset stomach as it “tricks” our live into producing bile and assist with moving through our digestive tract.
- Lemon water makes us feel happy – what?: That’s right, studies have shown that just the scent of lemon has been found to alter people’s moods, and reduce stress levels!
- Younger and vibrant skin: In addition to number 1, antioxidants found in Vitamin C found in lemons helps the body to natural produce collagen which in turn assists with smoother, younger looking skin.
- Can be used to decrease the appearance and eliminate blackheads: the acidity levels in lemon assist with breaking down dirt in our pours and acts as a “cleaning” agent. When a lemon wedge is mixed with a small amount of honey ad applied to the skin for approximately 1 – 2 minutes, it is incredible how quickly this works! Give it a go!